Karnataka government plans world-class university
Bangalore: The Karnataka government on Wednesday said it is planning to establish a world-class university in the state in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD).
The pros and cons on where it should be located will be discussed, Higher Education Minister R V Deshpande told reporters after a review meeting with top officials of the department.
On the proposal to set up an IIT in Raichur district, he said it would be pursued with the MHRD.
Efforts would be made to establish a campus of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Dharwad, for which 50 acres of land had already been acquired, Deshpande said.
The government is also mulling to open a Teachers` training academy, the minister said.
He said the thrust would be on quality education. "It`s not important how many engineers are produced; what`s important is how many quality engineers are produced."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder