Karnataka government plans world-class university
Bangalore: The Karnataka government on Wednesday said it is planning to establish a world-class university in the state in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD).
The pros and cons on where it should be located will be discussed, Higher Education Minister R V Deshpande told reporters after a review meeting with top officials of the department.
On the proposal to set up an IIT in Raichur district, he said it would be pursued with the MHRD.
Efforts would be made to establish a campus of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Dharwad, for which 50 acres of land had already been acquired, Deshpande said.
The government is also mulling to open a Teachers` training academy, the minister said.
He said the thrust would be on quality education. "It`s not important how many engineers are produced; what`s important is how many quality engineers are produced."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers