Karnataka government plans world-class university
Bangalore: The Karnataka government on Wednesday said it is planning to establish a world-class university in the state in collaboration with the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD).
The pros and cons on where it should be located will be discussed, Higher Education Minister R V Deshpande told reporters after a review meeting with top officials of the department.
On the proposal to set up an IIT in Raichur district, he said it would be pursued with the MHRD.
Efforts would be made to establish a campus of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Dharwad, for which 50 acres of land had already been acquired, Deshpande said.
The government is also mulling to open a Teachers` training academy, the minister said.
He said the thrust would be on quality education. "It`s not important how many engineers are produced; what`s important is how many quality engineers are produced."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!