Karnataka: Horsetrading caught on camera?
New Delhi: In yet another slump in Karnataka politics, former chief minister and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy has alleged that the ruling BJP is indulging in horsetrading to wean away his party MLAs.
According to reports Friday, the JD-S leader has also released a video footage, which shows BJP MLA Suresh Gowda offering bribe of Rs 16 crore to JD(S) MLA Srinivas for deserting his party and joining the former’s.
He also alleged that the meeting between the two took place following a telephonic conversation in this regard.
Kumaraswamy had alleged that the BJP leader has asked MLA Srinivas to resign from Assembly, in exchange for the booty and a BJP ticket in the next election.
The JD-S leader has threatened to meet Governor HR Bhardwaj over the issue and seek the immediate dismissal of Chief Minister BS Yedyurappa’s government.
Ironically, the poaching row has occurred days after Kumaraswamy himself came under the scanner for horsetrading.
Recently, opposition MLAs from the Congress laid seige on Chief Minister Yeddyurappa`s house protesting against what they allege as brazen poaching of its MLAs.
The Congress has expelled the two rebel MLAs, SV Ramachandra and Narayanaswamy, while the JDS has expelled one. With this the total strength of the opposition has dipped to a mere 98 and the ruling BJP seems comfortably seated, at least for the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly