Karnataka MLA detained at Mumbai airport in cheating case
Mumbai: Karnataka MLA Santosh Lad was
today detained by the immigration officials at the Chhatrapati
Shivaji International Airport here following a look out
circular issued against him by the Delhi police in connection
with a cheating case.
Lad, a mine owner and Congress MLA from Kalaghatgi
constituency in Dharwad, was detained this morning while on
way to Dubai, police said.
The Delhi police had issued a Look Out Circular (LOC)
in Lad`s name after a real estate company operating in the
national capital region had filed a case of cheating against
Soon after he was detained, immigration officials
informed the Mumbai and Delhi police. The Delhi police are
expected to come to Mumbai to take Lad`s custody, city police
According to the police, Lad told immigration
authorities that he was aware of the case against him in Delhi
and maintained that he was in regular touch with the
However, immigration authorities refused to let him
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir