Karnataka MLA detained at Mumbai airport in cheating case
Mumbai: Karnataka MLA Santosh Lad was
today detained by the immigration officials at the Chhatrapati
Shivaji International Airport here following a look out
circular issued against him by the Delhi police in connection
with a cheating case.
Lad, a mine owner and Congress MLA from Kalaghatgi
constituency in Dharwad, was detained this morning while on
way to Dubai, police said.
The Delhi police had issued a Look Out Circular (LOC)
in Lad`s name after a real estate company operating in the
national capital region had filed a case of cheating against
Soon after he was detained, immigration officials
informed the Mumbai and Delhi police. The Delhi police are
expected to come to Mumbai to take Lad`s custody, city police
According to the police, Lad told immigration
authorities that he was aware of the case against him in Delhi
and maintained that he was in regular touch with the
However, immigration authorities refused to let him
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?