Karnataka police in Kerala to arrest Madani
Kollam: The Karnataka police team sent
here Tuesday to arrest PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani in
connection with the 2008 Bangalore blasts case is awaiting
nod from the Kerala police, whose back-up is crucial to
effect the arrest.
According to official sources, the higher-ups in Kerala
police is weighing the possible fallout the arrest could
trigger across the state and the methods to tackle them
as PDP workers continued to converge at his camp at
Anwarassery near since yesterday.
The Bangalore police team led by Circle Inspector Siddappa
reached here last afternoon, fuelling speculation that the
arrest of Madani was imminent, whose anticipatory bail plea
was rejected by Karnataka High Court last week.
They had produced the relevant documents and had discussions
with District Superintendent of Police Harshita Attalluri,
after which who said the arrest could take place at any
Madani himself told journalists that he would co-operate
with the arrest in deference to the judiciary but would
continue legal battle to prove his innocence.
However, Kerala police was learnt to have advised Karnataka
team by late last night not to rush without considering the
emotional reactions the arrest could spark not only in and
around Madani`s camp at Anwarassery but also in other parts of
They also took into account such factors as the health
problems of Madani, who was said to have been suffering from
fever and doctors from a nearby private hospital was called in
last night, police sources said.
The state police was also seized of the possibility of
radical outfits like Popular Front of India, under scanner
for its role in chopping off the hand of a college lecturer,
exploiting the situation to fan communal trouble and
The security across the state, already tight in view of the
visit of President Pratibha Patil later this week and the
Independence Day, has been further strengthened in the wake
of the development concerning the PDP leader, sources said.
Meanwhile, Madani`s supporters burnt the effigy of senior
Congress leader Aryadan Muhammad at Anwarassery for his barbed
comments against the politics of outfits like PDP and its
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31