Karnataka police in Kerala to arrest Madani
Kollam: The Karnataka police team sent
here Tuesday to arrest PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani in
connection with the 2008 Bangalore blasts case is awaiting
nod from the Kerala police, whose back-up is crucial to
effect the arrest.
According to official sources, the higher-ups in Kerala
police is weighing the possible fallout the arrest could
trigger across the state and the methods to tackle them
as PDP workers continued to converge at his camp at
Anwarassery near since yesterday.
The Bangalore police team led by Circle Inspector Siddappa
reached here last afternoon, fuelling speculation that the
arrest of Madani was imminent, whose anticipatory bail plea
was rejected by Karnataka High Court last week.
They had produced the relevant documents and had discussions
with District Superintendent of Police Harshita Attalluri,
after which who said the arrest could take place at any
Madani himself told journalists that he would co-operate
with the arrest in deference to the judiciary but would
continue legal battle to prove his innocence.
However, Kerala police was learnt to have advised Karnataka
team by late last night not to rush without considering the
emotional reactions the arrest could spark not only in and
around Madani`s camp at Anwarassery but also in other parts of
They also took into account such factors as the health
problems of Madani, who was said to have been suffering from
fever and doctors from a nearby private hospital was called in
last night, police sources said.
The state police was also seized of the possibility of
radical outfits like Popular Front of India, under scanner
for its role in chopping off the hand of a college lecturer,
exploiting the situation to fan communal trouble and
The security across the state, already tight in view of the
visit of President Pratibha Patil later this week and the
Independence Day, has been further strengthened in the wake
of the development concerning the PDP leader, sources said.
Meanwhile, Madani`s supporters burnt the effigy of senior
Congress leader Aryadan Muhammad at Anwarassery for his barbed
comments against the politics of outfits like PDP and its
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave