Karti Chidambaram dismisses allegations levelled by Sinha
Chennai: Karti Chidambaram, son of Home Minister P Chidambaram, on Thursday dismissed allegations by BJP MP Yashwant Sinha that he owns five per cent stake in a telecom company which was benefited from the 2G spectrum allocation.
In a statement, Karti said it was "deeply regretted" that the privileged forum of Parliament is misused to make "wild and reckless" allegations against a private citizen.
His remarks came as Sinha raised the issue of Aircel- Maxis deal in 2006 and alleged that Karti was benefited by the deal and Chidambaram was the Finance Minister then.
"I categorically state that neither I nor any member of amy family have acquired or hold any share in any telecom company. In particular, I categorically state that neither I nor any member of my family have acquired or hold any share in either Aircel or Maxis," Karti said.
He said the statement was first made by a person who is known to "indulge in making wild and reckless allegations".
"It is unfortunate that the same allegation should be repeated in Parliament by an honourable MP," Karti said.
Sinha alleged that the son of the former Finance Minister got a 5 per cent shares from Maxis.
"Prima facie what happened was a big scam and government should not hush it up," Sinha said, demanding a statement from Mukherjee, who is the Leader of the House, as also the Finance Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in