Karti Chidambaram dismisses allegations levelled by Sinha
Chennai: Karti Chidambaram, son of Home Minister P Chidambaram, on Thursday dismissed allegations by BJP MP Yashwant Sinha that he owns five per cent stake in a telecom company which was benefited from the 2G spectrum allocation.
In a statement, Karti said it was "deeply regretted" that the privileged forum of Parliament is misused to make "wild and reckless" allegations against a private citizen.
His remarks came as Sinha raised the issue of Aircel- Maxis deal in 2006 and alleged that Karti was benefited by the deal and Chidambaram was the Finance Minister then.
"I categorically state that neither I nor any member of amy family have acquired or hold any share in any telecom company. In particular, I categorically state that neither I nor any member of my family have acquired or hold any share in either Aircel or Maxis," Karti said.
He said the statement was first made by a person who is known to "indulge in making wild and reckless allegations".
"It is unfortunate that the same allegation should be repeated in Parliament by an honourable MP," Karti said.
Sinha alleged that the son of the former Finance Minister got a 5 per cent shares from Maxis.
"Prima facie what happened was a big scam and government should not hush it up," Sinha said, demanding a statement from Mukherjee, who is the Leader of the House, as also the Finance Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users