Karuna flays scrapping of Lankan anthem in Tamil
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Monday condemned the Sri Lankan government for scrapping the Tamil version of its national anthem.
"If the reports in this regard are true, it is strongly condemnable. This will further dishearten Tamils (in Sri Lanka), who are already suffering. I condemn it," he said in a statement here.
Sri Lanka had scrapped the Tamil version of its national anthem at official and state functions after the cabinet decided at its last meeting, that the national anthem can only be rendered in the Sinhala language at official functions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video