Karuna parries questions on DMK mulling quitting UPA Cabinet
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Monday evaded questions about DMK planning to quit
the Union Cabinet after his family members were named by CBI
in the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Speaking to reporters here, he said he was not aware of
any of his family member being possibly named by CBI in the
second chargesheet in the scam.
"I don`t know," he said to a question on reports that his
daughter Kanimozhi, MP and wife Dayalu could be named.
The 87 year-old leader went on to add that the names will
be revealed as the media would report it after the charge
sheet was filed in a Delhi court.
Responding to reports about DMK`s possible exit from the
UPA cabinet in this connection, he shot back, "Is that your
"Being a woman, you should not talk as if you are
heartless," he said when women reporters persisted in asking
him about 2G and his equations with the UPA.
Taking a dig at the media, he said they would report "the
"slightest of dirt" on DMK, but said he would still continue
to read the newspapers.
Former telecom minister A Raja had been arrested in
connection with the alleged scam, and the investigating agency
had questioned Dayalu and Kanimozhi in Chennai recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him