Karuna, UP CM wish speedy recovery to Ramadoss
Chennai: Top leaders, including DMK president M Karunanidhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday wished a speedy recovery to PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss who underwent a bypass surgery on Monday.
Karunanidhi, with whose party the PMK had parted ways after the alliance`s drubbing in the 2011 assembly polls, gave a letter through party MP T K S Elangovan, wishing Ramadoss a speedy recovery.
Similarly, Yadav spoke to Ramadoss` son and former union minister Anbumani over phone and enquired about the PMK founder-leader`s health, party president G K Mani said in a statement.
Yadav had visited the city on April 22 in an apparent effort to seek support for formation of a third front from regional political outfits like PMK and AIADMK and later that day inaugurated PMK`s "Vanniar Youth Cultural Festival".
Ramadoss was admitted to a corporate hospital here on May 11 after his release on bail last week after a 12-day imprisonment.
He was arrested on April 30 for trying to stage a protest at Villupuram, defying ban seeking arrest of culprits behind the April 25 Marakkanam violence.
He was hospitalised after he complained of breathlessness after his release from Tiruchirappalli central prison.
Mani said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan were among those who wished Ramadoss a speedy recovery and added that the leader was keeping well and taking solid food.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match