Karuna, UP CM wish speedy recovery to Ramadoss
Chennai: Top leaders, including DMK president M Karunanidhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday wished a speedy recovery to PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss who underwent a bypass surgery on Monday.
Karunanidhi, with whose party the PMK had parted ways after the alliance`s drubbing in the 2011 assembly polls, gave a letter through party MP T K S Elangovan, wishing Ramadoss a speedy recovery.
Similarly, Yadav spoke to Ramadoss` son and former union minister Anbumani over phone and enquired about the PMK founder-leader`s health, party president G K Mani said in a statement.
Yadav had visited the city on April 22 in an apparent effort to seek support for formation of a third front from regional political outfits like PMK and AIADMK and later that day inaugurated PMK`s "Vanniar Youth Cultural Festival".
Ramadoss was admitted to a corporate hospital here on May 11 after his release on bail last week after a 12-day imprisonment.
He was arrested on April 30 for trying to stage a protest at Villupuram, defying ban seeking arrest of culprits behind the April 25 Marakkanam violence.
He was hospitalised after he complained of breathlessness after his release from Tiruchirappalli central prison.
Mani said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan were among those who wished Ramadoss a speedy recovery and added that the leader was keeping well and taking solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi