Karuna, UP CM wish speedy recovery to Ramadoss
Chennai: Top leaders, including DMK president M Karunanidhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday wished a speedy recovery to PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss who underwent a bypass surgery on Monday.
Karunanidhi, with whose party the PMK had parted ways after the alliance`s drubbing in the 2011 assembly polls, gave a letter through party MP T K S Elangovan, wishing Ramadoss a speedy recovery.
Similarly, Yadav spoke to Ramadoss` son and former union minister Anbumani over phone and enquired about the PMK founder-leader`s health, party president G K Mani said in a statement.
Yadav had visited the city on April 22 in an apparent effort to seek support for formation of a third front from regional political outfits like PMK and AIADMK and later that day inaugurated PMK`s "Vanniar Youth Cultural Festival".
Ramadoss was admitted to a corporate hospital here on May 11 after his release on bail last week after a 12-day imprisonment.
He was arrested on April 30 for trying to stage a protest at Villupuram, defying ban seeking arrest of culprits behind the April 25 Marakkanam violence.
He was hospitalised after he complained of breathlessness after his release from Tiruchirappalli central prison.
Mani said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan were among those who wished Ramadoss a speedy recovery and added that the leader was keeping well and taking solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre