Karuna, UP CM wish speedy recovery to Ramadoss
Chennai: Top leaders, including DMK president M Karunanidhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday wished a speedy recovery to PMK founder Dr S Ramadoss who underwent a bypass surgery on Monday.
Karunanidhi, with whose party the PMK had parted ways after the alliance`s drubbing in the 2011 assembly polls, gave a letter through party MP T K S Elangovan, wishing Ramadoss a speedy recovery.
Similarly, Yadav spoke to Ramadoss` son and former union minister Anbumani over phone and enquired about the PMK founder-leader`s health, party president G K Mani said in a statement.
Yadav had visited the city on April 22 in an apparent effort to seek support for formation of a third front from regional political outfits like PMK and AIADMK and later that day inaugurated PMK`s "Vanniar Youth Cultural Festival".
Ramadoss was admitted to a corporate hospital here on May 11 after his release on bail last week after a 12-day imprisonment.
He was arrested on April 30 for trying to stage a protest at Villupuram, defying ban seeking arrest of culprits behind the April 25 Marakkanam violence.
He was hospitalised after he complained of breathlessness after his release from Tiruchirappalli central prison.
Mani said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan were among those who wished Ramadoss a speedy recovery and added that the leader was keeping well and taking solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down