Karuna upset over denial of bail to daughter
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi is "very
upset" over rejection of bail to his daughter and party MP
Kanimozhi in the 2G spectrum case.
"Karunanidhi was hoping that Kanimozhi would be given
bail as the CBI has not opposed her bail plea. He is very
upset and had not spoken to anybody, including family members
after he came to know of the dismissal of the bail application
today," sources close to Karunanidhi told PTI here.
Noting that the charges levelled against Kanimozhi and
seven others in the case were of "very serious nature", a
Delhi court dismissed their bail pleas.
The others whose bail petitions were dismissed were
former Telecom Minister A Raja`s erstwhile Private Secretary R
K Chandolia, Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa,
Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, Kusegaon Fruits & Vegetables
directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv Agarwal and Bollywood filmmaker
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez