Karunakaran continues to be critical
Thiruvananthapuram: Condition of veteran Congress and former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran continues to be critical and is still on ventilator support, a bulletin issued by the hospital where the 93-year-old leader is under treatment said.
"There is no change in the condition of Karunakaran. He is still on total ventilator support", the bulletin issued by Aanathapuri hospital on Tuesday said.
However, there was a slight improvement in the oxygen content in his blood.
A panel of doctors were constantly moitoring his condition and the medication to cure infections had been continuing, the bulletin said.
The 93-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on Friday for fever and respiratory problems. Though he had initially responded to medicines, his condition worsened on Monday.
One of the seniormost Congress leaders of the country, Karunakaran had served as Chief Minister of Kerala in four different stints.
He had also served for long as member of the Congress Working Committee and the party`s Parliamentary Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands