Karunakaran continues to be critical
Thiruvananthapuram: Condition of veteran Congress and former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran continues to be critical and is still on ventilator support, a bulletin issued by the hospital where the 93-year-old leader is under treatment said.
"There is no change in the condition of Karunakaran. He is still on total ventilator support", the bulletin issued by Aanathapuri hospital on Tuesday said.
However, there was a slight improvement in the oxygen content in his blood.
A panel of doctors were constantly moitoring his condition and the medication to cure infections had been continuing, the bulletin said.
The 93-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on Friday for fever and respiratory problems. Though he had initially responded to medicines, his condition worsened on Monday.
One of the seniormost Congress leaders of the country, Karunakaran had served as Chief Minister of Kerala in four different stints.
He had also served for long as member of the Congress Working Committee and the party`s Parliamentary Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says