Karunakaran continues to be critical
Thiruvananthapuram: Condition of veteran Congress and former Kerala chief minister K Karunakaran continues to be critical and is still on ventilator support, a bulletin issued by the hospital where the 93-year-old leader is under treatment said.
"There is no change in the condition of Karunakaran. He is still on total ventilator support", the bulletin issued by Aanathapuri hospital on Tuesday said.
However, there was a slight improvement in the oxygen content in his blood.
A panel of doctors were constantly moitoring his condition and the medication to cure infections had been continuing, the bulletin said.
The 93-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on Friday for fever and respiratory problems. Though he had initially responded to medicines, his condition worsened on Monday.
One of the seniormost Congress leaders of the country, Karunakaran had served as Chief Minister of Kerala in four different stints.
He had also served for long as member of the Congress Working Committee and the party`s Parliamentary Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside