Karunanidhi dares Katju to disclose his assets
Chennai: In a strong reaction to Justice Markandey Katju who had demanded disclosure of his assets, DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi on Thursday said his "asset account is an open book" and demanded that the former Supreme Court Judge disclose his assets.
In a statement here, Karunanidhi said, my asset account is an open book which has been declared during successive legislative assembly polls.
"How informed Katju is could be understood as he is demanding to know the asset details now," he said in remarks laced with sarcasm.
"I have written screeplay and dialogues for 70 films and the property I own is the house that I own in Gopalapuram. No other Chief Minister is known to have spent his life in such a small house."
Recalling bequeathing his house in 2010 to a trust for public purposes after his lifetime and that of his wife, he asked, "what is his (Justice Katju`s) assets and that of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa whom he praised.
"Do I face a case of disproportionate assets?" he said hinting at the case against Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju in a facebook posting had wanted Karunanidhi to disclose details of his assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden