Karunanidhi dares Katju to disclose his assets
Chennai: In a strong reaction to Justice Markandey Katju who had demanded disclosure of his assets, DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi on Thursday said his "asset account is an open book" and demanded that the former Supreme Court Judge disclose his assets.
In a statement here, Karunanidhi said, my asset account is an open book which has been declared during successive legislative assembly polls.
"How informed Katju is could be understood as he is demanding to know the asset details now," he said in remarks laced with sarcasm.
"I have written screeplay and dialogues for 70 films and the property I own is the house that I own in Gopalapuram. No other Chief Minister is known to have spent his life in such a small house."
Recalling bequeathing his house in 2010 to a trust for public purposes after his lifetime and that of his wife, he asked, "what is his (Justice Katju`s) assets and that of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa whom he praised.
"Do I face a case of disproportionate assets?" he said hinting at the case against Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju in a facebook posting had wanted Karunanidhi to disclose details of his assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you