Karunanidhi meets Kanimozhi in Tihar jail
New Delhi: DMK chief M Karunanidhi met
his daughter Kanimozhi, arrested in 2G spectrum allocation
case, in Delhi`s Tihar Jail on Sunday evening.
Karunanidhi, accompanied by his wife Rajathi Ammal, and
DMK leader T R Balu drove into the Tihar premises in a car
which entered through Gate number 3 at around 4.45 pm.
This is the third time, Karunanidhi met his daughter
since she was lodged in the Tihar prison on May 21.
A Delhi court today found prima facie evidence against
Kanimozhi and 16 others and framed charges against them in the
2G spectrum allocation scam case.
"The meeting lasted for over half an hour. They left
at 5.30 pm. They had sought permission today morning to meet
Kanimozhi who is lodged in the women`s cell in jail number 6.
Though three people had requested to meet but only Karunanidhi
and his wife Rajathi Ammal met her," Deputy Inspector General,
Tihar prisons, R N Sharma said.
"They met at the entrance of the jail as Karunanidhi
is wheel-chair bound," Sharma added.
Another jail official with Jail number 6 said "she has
never cried in any of her meetings with her parents. She gets
disturbed when she reads reports in the newspaper stating that
she cried while meeting her relatives in jail. She has the
maximum number of visitors in the jail and her husband G
Aravinthan frequently visits her."
Karuna calls on PM, Sonia
New Delhi: DMK chief M Karunanidhi met on Sunday Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, the first such meeting the Tamil Nadu leader had with the two Congres leaders after their alliance`s rout in the April 13 state Assembly polls.
Before meeting Kanimozhi, the DMK chief accompanied by his wife Rajathi, went to Gandhi`s 10-Janpath residence this morning and held
discussions for about 30 minutes.
Sources said the DMK patriarch enquired about the health
Later in the evening after meeting his daughter
Kanimozhi, who is lodged in Tihar jail in 2G case, Karunanidhi
went to 7 Race Course Road to meet the Prime Minister.
Senior DMK leader T R Baalu was also present during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report