Karuna`s denial of receiving letter raised many questions: Jaya
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s "hasty
denial" of receiving any letter from Tata group chairman Ratan
Tata, praising former Telecom Minister A Raja has raised many
questions, AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said.
She said following Karunanidhi`s description of the letter
episode as "a figment of imagination", one has to assume that
all "other issues including conversations between his daughter
Kanimozhi and her mother Rajathi Ammal with Niira Radia are
irrefutable facts as he had not denied them".
Karunanidhi`s "hasty" denial of the letter, reportedly
hand-delivered to him by Niira Radia, raised many questions,
she claimed, adding, he had not issued a denial when the
letter was front-paged in a leading national newspaper and
reproduced by the electronic media as well.
"It was only when I raised certain questions that he has
come now out with a denial. Why did Karunanidhi not bother to
deny the letter when it was first reported in the media? And
why have Ratan Tata, the purported writer of the letter, and
Niira Radia, the person who was supposed to have delivered it,
not got into the denial mode? After all, it is not an e-mailed
letter, she said.
"It is hand-written by Ratan Tata himself on the Bombay
House Stationery of the Tatas. And, in a media statement,
Rajeev Narayan Vice President of Tata Tele Services has
officially confirmed the letter and even justified its
contents saying it was "written at the time of a public
controversy created by vested interest groups within the
industry, motivated by policy announcements made by the then
minister Raja," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks