Karuna`s denial of receiving letter raised many questions: Jaya
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s "hasty
denial" of receiving any letter from Tata group chairman Ratan
Tata, praising former Telecom Minister A Raja has raised many
questions, AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said.
She said following Karunanidhi`s description of the letter
episode as "a figment of imagination", one has to assume that
all "other issues including conversations between his daughter
Kanimozhi and her mother Rajathi Ammal with Niira Radia are
irrefutable facts as he had not denied them".
Karunanidhi`s "hasty" denial of the letter, reportedly
hand-delivered to him by Niira Radia, raised many questions,
she claimed, adding, he had not issued a denial when the
letter was front-paged in a leading national newspaper and
reproduced by the electronic media as well.
"It was only when I raised certain questions that he has
come now out with a denial. Why did Karunanidhi not bother to
deny the letter when it was first reported in the media? And
why have Ratan Tata, the purported writer of the letter, and
Niira Radia, the person who was supposed to have delivered it,
not got into the denial mode? After all, it is not an e-mailed
letter, she said.
"It is hand-written by Ratan Tata himself on the Bombay
House Stationery of the Tatas. And, in a media statement,
Rajeev Narayan Vice President of Tata Tele Services has
officially confirmed the letter and even justified its
contents saying it was "written at the time of a public
controversy created by vested interest groups within the
industry, motivated by policy announcements made by the then
minister Raja," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!