Karuna`s denial of receiving letter raised many questions: Jaya
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s "hasty
denial" of receiving any letter from Tata group chairman Ratan
Tata, praising former Telecom Minister A Raja has raised many
questions, AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said.
She said following Karunanidhi`s description of the letter
episode as "a figment of imagination", one has to assume that
all "other issues including conversations between his daughter
Kanimozhi and her mother Rajathi Ammal with Niira Radia are
irrefutable facts as he had not denied them".
Karunanidhi`s "hasty" denial of the letter, reportedly
hand-delivered to him by Niira Radia, raised many questions,
she claimed, adding, he had not issued a denial when the
letter was front-paged in a leading national newspaper and
reproduced by the electronic media as well.
"It was only when I raised certain questions that he has
come now out with a denial. Why did Karunanidhi not bother to
deny the letter when it was first reported in the media? And
why have Ratan Tata, the purported writer of the letter, and
Niira Radia, the person who was supposed to have delivered it,
not got into the denial mode? After all, it is not an e-mailed
letter, she said.
"It is hand-written by Ratan Tata himself on the Bombay
House Stationery of the Tatas. And, in a media statement,
Rajeev Narayan Vice President of Tata Tele Services has
officially confirmed the letter and even justified its
contents saying it was "written at the time of a public
controversy created by vested interest groups within the
industry, motivated by policy announcements made by the then
minister Raja," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya