Karzai`s wife gives birth to third child at Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai was blessed with third child as his wife Zeenat gave birth to a baby girl at a private hospital here.
The 56-year-old President visited the hospital in Sector 44 on Wednesday to see his newborn and wife.
According to an email of Afghanistan`s ambassador to India Shaida Abdali, the baby was born around 9:30 AM on Tuesday.
Both the mother and the baby are doing quite well.
"President Karzai was able to pay them a very short visit during his brief transit stay in New Delhi before going to Colombo, Sri Lanka, on Wednesday."
Both the President and the First Lady enjoyed a few moments together with their newly born baby daughter," added the email.
To a question about why did they choose India for the delivery, the email stated, "the President`s two other beautiful children were born in Afghanistan.
"In this case, however, due to some predictable medical complication, the specialised doctor in Afghanistan advised that the baby be delivered in India given the availability of specialised medical facilities and personnel."
"We are thankful to the hospital`s excellent medical staff for their superb services as well as to the hospital`s management team."
"And we are grateful to the Indian government for their continued support with everything, including facilitating the hospitalisation process," the email stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says