Kasab confronts Jundal at jail, identifies him as 26/11 plotter
Mumbai: Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani militant convicted of 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, on Thursday came face-to-face with the key 26/11 handler and Lashkar-e-Toiba member Abu Jundal, and identified him as one of the terrorists, who plotted 26/11 attacks.
Jundal was today brought at Arthur Road Jail, where Kasab is imprisoned in a bulletproof cell since 2008. Both were interrogated by the Crime Branch of Mumbai police for at least one and half hours, during which Kasab confirmed that Jundal was “one of the main conspirators” involved in 26/11 attacks.
Mumbai Police Crime Branch’s interrogation of the duo came after the Maharashtra government today granted them the permission to jointly question Ajmal Kasab and Abu Jundal.
Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, who is accused of playing a pivotal role in hatching the Mumbai attacks, had earlier made some key revelations about training imparted to terrorists in Pakistan.
Jundal is believed to have provided training to Kasab and the nine other men who attacked Mumbai.
He has reportedly shared with interrogators, details of ISI officers and top Lashkar leaders, who he says supervised the control room in Karachi from where he, along with five other handlers, instructed the 10 terrorists on the ground in Mumbai about how to strike.
Jundal is believed to have directed the terrorists during the attack, sitting in a "control room" in Karachi.
He had allegedly told the police that he had taught Hindi to the 26/11 attackers.
Jundal was allegedly in contact with two terrorists during the siege of Chabad House, a Jewish outreach centre, during the Mumbai attack of November 26, 2008.
Jundal had also said that he had met LeT operative David Headley, a co-accused in the 26/11 attack case.
Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, 31, a native of Beed district of Maharashtra, was arrested on July 21 this year by Mumbai Police after he was brought here from Delhi where he had been apprehended in another case after being deported from Saudi Arabia in June this year.
Jundal is in Crime Branch custody till August 13.
Ansari is also suspected to have been involved in several other terror attacks and plans in India like the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case and the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi