Kasab enters Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on same day
Mumbai: Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday.
It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged today--a Wednesday--at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison.
The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night.
Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in "A Wednesday"--a movie dealing with the terrorism subject--has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans.
"What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie `A Wednesday` dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready