Kasab enters Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on same day
Mumbai: Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday.
It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged today--a Wednesday--at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison.
The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night.
Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in "A Wednesday"--a movie dealing with the terrorism subject--has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans.
"What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie `A Wednesday` dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?