Kasab enters Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on same day
Mumbai: Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday.
It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged today--a Wednesday--at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison.
The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night.
Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in "A Wednesday"--a movie dealing with the terrorism subject--has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans.
"What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie `A Wednesday` dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says