Kasab execution covered prominently by official media in China
Beijing: China`s official media Wednesday widely covered the execution of Ajmal Kasab, identifying him as a "terrorist from Pakistan".
While the state television covered it as a breaking story, state-run Xinhua news agency and the websites of all official dailies carried the details of his execution at Pune jail and the burial of the body there.
In its report, Xinhua identified Kasab as a "terrorist from Pakistan" as well as carried Indian official`s comments about how the due process of law was followed leading to the execution.
"At least 166 people were killed when 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists from Pakistan went on the rampage in Mumbai. Kasab was the sole gunman captured alive", the Xinhua report said.
China, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, earlier had reservations in backing India and the US call for a UN sanctions on LeT on the ground that the information provided by New Delhi was not adequate for proscription as the case against it mostly depended on confessional statements.
However the UN Security Council has added LeT in the list of proscribed organisations after the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
25-year old Kasab was hanged at 7.30 am in the Yerawada central prison in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city