Kasab not observing fast during Ramzan
Mumbai: Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who
killed scores of people in the name of `jihad` in the 26/11
attacks, is not observing `Roza` during the ongoing holy month
Kasab, the only one captured alive of 10 gunmen who
carried out the coordinated attacks in Mumbai in 2008 killing
166 people, has been sentenced to death by a special court,
and is lodged in the high security Arthur Road jail.
Kasab is not observing fast during Ramzan and continues
to have fruit, milk and medicines every day, the jail sources
Kasab has bananas and apples during the day and is served
`Poha` for breakfast, the sources said, adding he reads story
books in Urdu in the isolated cell.
Earlier, the 22-year-old had complained of stomach
problems for which he was treated by a team of doctors from
Government-run J J hospital. The treatment is still on,
Muslim prisoners who observe Roza are given Saheri
(pre-dawn meal) and dinner at the end of fast after sunset.
Others are served breakfast at 6.30 a.m, lunch at noon and
dinner at 4 pm, they said.
Meanwhile, Kasab is eagerly awaiting proceedings in the
Bombay High Court which will decide the confirmation of death
penalty awarded to him by the 26/11 terror trial court.
His lawyers, Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah, are yet to
file an appeal challenging the death sentence awarded to him
while state`s appeal against acquittal of two co-accused
Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed is coming up for hearing on
Kasab was awarded capital punishment for killing people
in terror attacks by firing at them with AK-46 rifles and
throwing hand grenades.
Kasab and Abu Ismael executed the attacks at CST, Cama
Hospital and in the vicinity of Metro Hospital while eight
other terrorists who had come with Kasab from Karachi in
Pakistan in a boat, reigned terror at Hotel Taj Mahal, Hotel
Oberoi and Nariman House, a transit place of Jewish community.
Kasab was caught alive while others were shot dead by
police and security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list