Kasab not observing fast during Ramzan
Mumbai: Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who
killed scores of people in the name of `jihad` in the 26/11
attacks, is not observing `Roza` during the ongoing holy month
Kasab, the only one captured alive of 10 gunmen who
carried out the coordinated attacks in Mumbai in 2008 killing
166 people, has been sentenced to death by a special court,
and is lodged in the high security Arthur Road jail.
Kasab is not observing fast during Ramzan and continues
to have fruit, milk and medicines every day, the jail sources
Kasab has bananas and apples during the day and is served
`Poha` for breakfast, the sources said, adding he reads story
books in Urdu in the isolated cell.
Earlier, the 22-year-old had complained of stomach
problems for which he was treated by a team of doctors from
Government-run J J hospital. The treatment is still on,
Muslim prisoners who observe Roza are given Saheri
(pre-dawn meal) and dinner at the end of fast after sunset.
Others are served breakfast at 6.30 a.m, lunch at noon and
dinner at 4 pm, they said.
Meanwhile, Kasab is eagerly awaiting proceedings in the
Bombay High Court which will decide the confirmation of death
penalty awarded to him by the 26/11 terror trial court.
His lawyers, Amin Solkar and Farhana Shah, are yet to
file an appeal challenging the death sentence awarded to him
while state`s appeal against acquittal of two co-accused
Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed is coming up for hearing on
Kasab was awarded capital punishment for killing people
in terror attacks by firing at them with AK-46 rifles and
throwing hand grenades.
Kasab and Abu Ismael executed the attacks at CST, Cama
Hospital and in the vicinity of Metro Hospital while eight
other terrorists who had come with Kasab from Karachi in
Pakistan in a boat, reigned terror at Hotel Taj Mahal, Hotel
Oberoi and Nariman House, a transit place of Jewish community.
Kasab was caught alive while others were shot dead by
police and security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org