Kasab received due process of law and transparent trial: US
Washington: Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks who has been hanged to death, received due process of law in a full and transparent trial, the US said on Wednesday, asserting that it wants to see the terrorists behind 26/11 brought to justice.
"We`ve said before that we welcome steps towards justice in the Mumbai attacks. We`ve said many times before that we want to see the terrorists behind these attacks brought to justice," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters here.
"My understanding is that he received due process in a full and transparent trial and the sentence was carried out," Toner said in response to a question.
The Washington Post also praised the Indian Government for carrying out this execution in secrecy.
"In a country where few things remain secret, where everything is argued in public, and where courts take decades to complete trials, Kasab`s swift hanging was a welcome surprise for many," the daily said.
25-year old Kasab was hanged at 7.30 am in the Yerawada central prison in Pune yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie