Kasab to remain in Arthur Road jail: Home Dept
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Department on Friday
decided not to shift Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab from the
high-security Arthur Road jail in south Mumbai after a special
court awarded him capital punishment in the 26/11 case.
"We have decided to keep Kasab in Arthur Road jail
at least for some time," Additional Chief Secretary (Home),
Chandra Iyengar told agency.
The decision was taken at a high-level meeting of Home
Department officials held here. Kasab, 22, has been lodged in
the high security jail since his arrest in 2008.
"If we have to move him to Bombay High Court, the
Arthur Road jail is convenient and it already has all the
security measures in place. Shifting Kasab to other place can
be considered later," Iyengar said.
Kasab was awarded the death sentence yesterday by a
special court here which held that keeping him alive will be a
"lingering danger" to society from a person who has no chance
On the process of appeal in High Court against the
verdict, Home Minister R R Patil had said he would request the
Centre to fast track the High Court procedure as the charges
against Kasab are serious.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!