Kasab verdict an imp milestone: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict upholding the death sentence awarded to Ajmal Kasab for his role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Addressing a press conference, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said, “It (verdict) is an important milestone in our fight against terror. It is also a pointer that our investigation was professional and good.”
“We have proved before the world that we are fair and judicious and the evidence against Kasab is solid,” he added.
Roy also tanked prosecutors in the case for ensuring conviction of the role surviving Pakistani terrorist, while stressing that the verdict has strengthened the police force’s resolve to fight terror.
On Abu Jundal’s role in 26/11 attacks, Roy said, “We are now questioning Abu Jundal…we are getting more information on LET’s role and Pakistan’s role in exporting terror is getting clearer by the day.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir