Kasab verdict an imp milestone: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict upholding the death sentence awarded to Ajmal Kasab for his role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Addressing a press conference, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said, “It (verdict) is an important milestone in our fight against terror. It is also a pointer that our investigation was professional and good.”
“We have proved before the world that we are fair and judicious and the evidence against Kasab is solid,” he added.
Roy also tanked prosecutors in the case for ensuring conviction of the role surviving Pakistani terrorist, while stressing that the verdict has strengthened the police force’s resolve to fight terror.
On Abu Jundal’s role in 26/11 attacks, Roy said, “We are now questioning Abu Jundal…we are getting more information on LET’s role and Pakistan’s role in exporting terror is getting clearer by the day.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ