Kasab verdict an imp milestone: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict upholding the death sentence awarded to Ajmal Kasab for his role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Addressing a press conference, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy said, “It (verdict) is an important milestone in our fight against terror. It is also a pointer that our investigation was professional and good.”
“We have proved before the world that we are fair and judicious and the evidence against Kasab is solid,” he added.
Roy also tanked prosecutors in the case for ensuring conviction of the role surviving Pakistani terrorist, while stressing that the verdict has strengthened the police force’s resolve to fight terror.
On Abu Jundal’s role in 26/11 attacks, Roy said, “We are now questioning Abu Jundal…we are getting more information on LET’s role and Pakistan’s role in exporting terror is getting clearer by the day.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened