Kasab wanted his mother to be informed about hanging
Pune: The dreaded Mumbai attacker Ajmal Kasab is now dead. He was executed and buried at Pune’s Yerwada Jail on Wednesday morning.
According to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Kasab was informed about his hanging on November 12, a week after President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected his mercy plea.
According to Union Home Ministry sources, Kasab had told jail officials that this should be communicated to his mother in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan `protection force`
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details