Kasab wanted his mother to be informed about hanging
Pune: The dreaded Mumbai attacker Ajmal Kasab is now dead. He was executed and buried at Pune’s Yerwada Jail on Wednesday morning.
According to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Kasab was informed about his hanging on November 12, a week after President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected his mercy plea.
According to Union Home Ministry sources, Kasab had told jail officials that this should be communicated to his mother in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India