Kasab wanted his mother to be informed about hanging
Pune: The dreaded Mumbai attacker Ajmal Kasab is now dead. He was executed and buried at Pune’s Yerwada Jail on Wednesday morning.
According to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Kasab was informed about his hanging on November 12, a week after President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected his mercy plea.
According to Union Home Ministry sources, Kasab had told jail officials that this should be communicated to his mother in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16