Kasab wanted his mother to be informed about hanging
Pune: The dreaded Mumbai attacker Ajmal Kasab is now dead. He was executed and buried at Pune’s Yerwada Jail on Wednesday morning.
According to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Kasab was informed about his hanging on November 12, a week after President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected his mercy plea.
According to Union Home Ministry sources, Kasab had told jail officials that this should be communicated to his mother in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’