Kasab was excuted after transparent trial: US
Washington: Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks who has been hanged to death, received due process of law in a full and transparent trial, the US said Thursday, asserting that it wants to see the terrorists behind 26/11 brought to justice.
"We`ve said before that we welcome steps towards justice in the Mumbai attacks. We`ve said many times before that we want to see the terrorists behind these attacks brought to justice," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters here.
"My understanding is that he received due process in a full and transparent trial and the sentence was carried out," Toner said in response to a question.
The Washington Post also praised the Indian Government for carrying out this execution in secrecy.
"In a country where few things remain secret, where everything is argued in public, and where courts take decades to complete trials, Kasab`s swift hanging was a welcome surprise for many," the daily said.
25-year old Kasab was hanged at 7.30 am in the Yerawada central prison in Pune yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC to Centre:Decide PIL for setting up Lokayukta in all states
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download