Kasab`s hanging will increase morale of soldiers: Ex-commando
Sabarimala: Former NSG Commando P V Maneesh, who had suffered serious head injuries in the Mumbai 26/11 terror attack, said Ajmal Kasab`s hanging will increase the "morale and courage" of soldiers who risk their lives to protect the Nation`s interests.
"Like all Indians, I also feel very happy hearing about his hanging," he said when contacted from Kochi.
"This verdict will increase the morale and courage of each soldier as Kasab was awarded appropriate sentence," he said.
Maneesh, who was at the holy shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala early today to offer worship, heard about Kasab`s hanging as he came out of the temple complex.
Since the past four years, he has regularly been offering worship at the temple.
Hailing from Kannur, Maneesh, who was attached to the NSG`s elite 51 Special Action Group, was part of the team that took on terrorists at the Oberoi Hotel. He was seriously injured in a grenade blast and still has a piece of shrapnel lodged on the left side of his head.
A small part of his skull was blown away in the blast as three shrapnels had pierced into his skull. While two were removed, he said he still has a 11 mm piece inside his head.
Doctors have said it cannot be removed as it would endanger his life, he said.
Maneesh, who is paralysed on one side and suffers fits, is presently undertaking ayurvedic treatment, and is now attached to the 122 T A Battalion at Kannur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics