Kashmir decision after all-party meet: Antony
New Delhi: A decision on Kashmir will be
taken by the Centre after Wednesday’s all-party meeting
convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Defence Minister A
K Antony said on Tuesday.
"Important decisions have to be taken after carefully
assessing all aspects. Cabinet Committee on
Security had a very long meeting yesterday. Ultimately we thought before
we take a final decision, we will take into confidence all the
major parties so that everybody is involved," he told
"Don`t worry, we will take a decision. Tomorrow is the
all-party meeting. After that, we will take a decision," the
minister said when asked why the CCS was unable to take a
decision yesterday on issues, including withdrawal of Armed
Forces (Special Powers) Act from some parts of Jammu and
About yesterday`s violence in the Valley after reports
of desecration of Quran, Antony said, "We are pained about
developments yesterday. As we all know, the situation is very
serious. We have to handle the situation carefully."
He appealed to all sides to show restraint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack