Kashmir has never been integral part of India: Arundhati
Srinagar: Activist Arundhati Roy, who created a controversy the other day by questioning Jammu and Kashmir`s accession to the Union, on Sunday harped on the same thing saying that the state was never an integral part of India.
Roy was speaking at a seminar on the theme `Wither Kashmir: Freedom or enslavement` organised by Coalition of Civil Societies (CCS) here.
"Kashmir has never been an integral part of India. It is an historical fact. Even the Indian Government has accepted this," the Booker Prize winner said.
Roy alleged that India became "colonizing power" soon after its independence from British rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown