Kashmir has never been integral part of India: Arundhati
Srinagar: Activist Arundhati Roy, who created a controversy the other day by questioning Jammu and Kashmir`s accession to the Union, on Sunday harped on the same thing saying that the state was never an integral part of India.
Roy was speaking at a seminar on the theme `Wither Kashmir: Freedom or enslavement` organised by Coalition of Civil Societies (CCS) here.
"Kashmir has never been an integral part of India. It is an historical fact. Even the Indian Government has accepted this," the Booker Prize winner said.
Roy alleged that India became "colonizing power" soon after its independence from British rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test