Kashmir has never been integral part of India: Arundhati
Srinagar: Activist Arundhati Roy, who created a controversy the other day by questioning Jammu and Kashmir`s accession to the Union, on Sunday harped on the same thing saying that the state was never an integral part of India.
Roy was speaking at a seminar on the theme `Wither Kashmir: Freedom or enslavement` organised by Coalition of Civil Societies (CCS) here.
"Kashmir has never been an integral part of India. It is an historical fact. Even the Indian Government has accepted this," the Booker Prize winner said.
Roy alleged that India became "colonizing power" soon after its independence from British rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security