Kashmir has never been integral part of India: Arundhati
Srinagar: Activist Arundhati Roy, who created a controversy the other day by questioning Jammu and Kashmir`s accession to the Union, on Sunday harped on the same thing saying that the state was never an integral part of India.
Roy was speaking at a seminar on the theme `Wither Kashmir: Freedom or enslavement` organised by Coalition of Civil Societies (CCS) here.
"Kashmir has never been an integral part of India. It is an historical fact. Even the Indian Government has accepted this," the Booker Prize winner said.
Roy alleged that India became "colonizing power" soon after its independence from British rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video