Kashmir is India`s internal matter: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh hit out at the UPA government for reportedly allowing Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s Foreign Affairs Adviser, Sartaj Aziz to meet Kashmiri separatist in the national capital.
Rajnath tweeted – "Shocked to see that the UPA government has allowed Pakistan PM`s advisor Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with Kashmiri separatist leaders in New Delhi."
In another tweet he wrote – "Why Mr Aziz is given this opportunity when Pakistan is committing acts of aggression in the state of Jammu and Kashmir?"
The BJP president also said, "By allowing Mr Sartaj Aziz to hold talks with the separatists on Indian soil the UPA government has committed another diplomatic blunder."
On the contentious issue between India and Pakistan regarding J&K, Rajnath maintained, "Kashmir issue is India’s internal matter and it should be resolved through a home grown solution."
Sartaj Aziz will be travelling to India to attend Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Foreign Ministers` meet on November 11 and November 12.
On the Hurriyat meet with Sartaz Aziz, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said that they wanted a peaceful solution to Kashmir problem and to contribute to dialogue process, as per a news agency.
He also that they were waiting to hear how Pakistan wants to address Kashmir issue and at the same time they also wanted to express their point of view.
Mirwaiz Umar added that ceasefire should be restored and a process of trust-building should be initiated between the two nations.
Meanwhile, as per reports External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will be meeting Sartaj Aziz on the sidelines of ASEM Foreign Ministers` meet. It is being said that ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) and cross-border terrorism will be discussed when the two meet.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif had met on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meet in New York in September. Manmohan Singh had made it clear to Sharif that for relations to improve between India and Pakistan, situation needed to be improved at the LoC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler