Kashmir situation is better now: Padgaonkar
Srinagar: Chief interlocutor for Jammu and Kashmir, Dilip Padgaonkar on Wednesday observed that the situation in Kashmir valley has improved a lot.
Padgaonkar was addressing mediapersons during his team’s last official visit to the state before they submit their report on Kashmir to the Centre. The three-member team would submit the final report on October 12.
“Through this report we have tried to address the political aspirations of the people of Kashmir”, Padgaonkar said.
“Our focus was on a permanent political settlement of Kashmir within the framework of Indian constitution,” he said.
“In this report we have tried to address the demands, needs, concerns and grievances of the people of the valley,” Padgaonkar said adding,”We should not be mired in semantic confusion,” he said.
“It was during our term of office we have met as much as 700 delegations and scores of distinct individuals. We have taken everyone’s view into account,” Padgaonkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP