Kashmir situation is better now: Padgaonkar
Srinagar: Chief interlocutor for Jammu and Kashmir, Dilip Padgaonkar on Wednesday observed that the situation in Kashmir valley has improved a lot.
Padgaonkar was addressing mediapersons during his team’s last official visit to the state before they submit their report on Kashmir to the Centre. The three-member team would submit the final report on October 12.
“Through this report we have tried to address the political aspirations of the people of Kashmir”, Padgaonkar said.
“Our focus was on a permanent political settlement of Kashmir within the framework of Indian constitution,” he said.
“In this report we have tried to address the demands, needs, concerns and grievances of the people of the valley,” Padgaonkar said adding,”We should not be mired in semantic confusion,” he said.
“It was during our term of office we have met as much as 700 delegations and scores of distinct individuals. We have taken everyone’s view into account,” Padgaonkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'