Kashmir situation is better now: Padgaonkar
Srinagar: Chief interlocutor for Jammu and Kashmir, Dilip Padgaonkar on Wednesday observed that the situation in Kashmir valley has improved a lot.
Padgaonkar was addressing mediapersons during his team’s last official visit to the state before they submit their report on Kashmir to the Centre. The three-member team would submit the final report on October 12.
“Through this report we have tried to address the political aspirations of the people of Kashmir”, Padgaonkar said.
“Our focus was on a permanent political settlement of Kashmir within the framework of Indian constitution,” he said.
“In this report we have tried to address the demands, needs, concerns and grievances of the people of the valley,” Padgaonkar said adding,”We should not be mired in semantic confusion,” he said.
“It was during our term of office we have met as much as 700 delegations and scores of distinct individuals. We have taken everyone’s view into account,” Padgaonkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC