Kashmiri separatists meet Pak Foreign Minister
New Delhi: Ahead of Indo-Pak Foreign
Ministers meet here tomorrow, Pakistan Minister Hina Rabbani
Khar on Tuesday met both the Hurriyat Conference factions during
which the separatists sought Islamabad`s intervention for
release of Ghulam Nabi Fai arrested in US for being a front of
While the delegation led by hardliner Syed Ali Shah
Geelani did not appear enthused about the talks, the moderate
faction led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq welcomed the exercise
saying the talks were necessary for resolving all issues.
Both the factions, who had separate meetings with
Khar, may not see eye to eye with each other on various issues
related to Kashmir but were unanimous in seeking Pakistan`s
intervention for release of Fai.
According to FBI, Fai used to organise conferences in
the US on Kashmir for which huge amounts of money was pumped
in by Pakistan`s military-run snooping agency ISI.
Indian investigators believe that Fai used to pass on
funds to separatists groups operating in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside