Katara murder convict Vikas gets a day`s parole
New Delhi: Vikas Yadav, serving life term
along with cousin Vishal in the Nitish Katara murder case, was
granted custodial parole for a day by the Delhi High Court
on Tuesday to execute a general power of attorney in favour of his
A bench of justices S Ravindra Bhat and Pratibha Rani
granted a day`s custodial parole to Yadav, brushing aside his
plea for bail for four days.
The bench asked Yadav`s lawyer to inform the jail
authorities as well as the public prosecutor about the date on
which he intends to execute the document.
"Vikas Yadav is permitted to be released in custody
parole for a day. The jail superintendent is directed to
ensure that the applicant (Yadav) returns to jail on the same
day after executing the document," the bench said.
Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan opposed Yadav`s plea for
four-day parole, saying the convict has failed to make it
clear why he needed four days to execute a single document. It
can be done in a day, he said.
Yadav`s lawyer, senior advocate Vikas Pahwa, however,
submitted to the bench that his client has to execute the
document at Ghaziabad.
"By any reason, if it cannot be done the same day, it
can be done the next day, for which he needed more than a
day," the counsel said.
"If the work cannot be done on the same day, you are at
liberty to approach the court again," the bench said while
declining his plea for four days custody parole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends