Katara murder convict Vikas gets a day`s parole
New Delhi: Vikas Yadav, serving life term
along with cousin Vishal in the Nitish Katara murder case, was
granted custodial parole for a day by the Delhi High Court
on Tuesday to execute a general power of attorney in favour of his
A bench of justices S Ravindra Bhat and Pratibha Rani
granted a day`s custodial parole to Yadav, brushing aside his
plea for bail for four days.
The bench asked Yadav`s lawyer to inform the jail
authorities as well as the public prosecutor about the date on
which he intends to execute the document.
"Vikas Yadav is permitted to be released in custody
parole for a day. The jail superintendent is directed to
ensure that the applicant (Yadav) returns to jail on the same
day after executing the document," the bench said.
Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan opposed Yadav`s plea for
four-day parole, saying the convict has failed to make it
clear why he needed four days to execute a single document. It
can be done in a day, he said.
Yadav`s lawyer, senior advocate Vikas Pahwa, however,
submitted to the bench that his client has to execute the
document at Ghaziabad.
"By any reason, if it cannot be done the same day, it
can be done the next day, for which he needed more than a
day," the counsel said.
"If the work cannot be done on the same day, you are at
liberty to approach the court again," the bench said while
declining his plea for four days custody parole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore