Katara murder: Third accused Sukhdev gets life term
New Delhi: Gangster Sukhdev Pehalwan, the
third accused in the Nitish Katara kidnapping-cum-murder case,
was on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi Court.
The punishment was pronounced by Additional Sessions
Judge JR Aryan who on July 6 had held him guilty for helping
former Rajya Sabha member DP Yadav`s son Vikas Yadav and
nephew Vishal Yadav in abducting and killing Katara in 2002
for being friendly to their sister Bharti Yadav.
Vikas and Vishal were earlier awarded rigorous life
imprisonment for their role in the murder of Nitish, a
business executive and son of an IAS officer.
Pehalwan has also been fined Rs 20,000.
His trial was separated from that of Vikas and Vishal
as he had jumped bail and was declared an absconder. His
trial started only after his arrest in 2005.
The court had said that Pehalwan was with Vikas and
Vishal Yadav during the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa