Katara murder: Third accused Sukhdev gets life term
New Delhi: Gangster Sukhdev Pehalwan, the
third accused in the Nitish Katara kidnapping-cum-murder case,
was on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi Court.
The punishment was pronounced by Additional Sessions
Judge JR Aryan who on July 6 had held him guilty for helping
former Rajya Sabha member DP Yadav`s son Vikas Yadav and
nephew Vishal Yadav in abducting and killing Katara in 2002
for being friendly to their sister Bharti Yadav.
Vikas and Vishal were earlier awarded rigorous life
imprisonment for their role in the murder of Nitish, a
business executive and son of an IAS officer.
Pehalwan has also been fined Rs 20,000.
His trial was separated from that of Vikas and Vishal
as he had jumped bail and was declared an absconder. His
trial started only after his arrest in 2005.
The court had said that Pehalwan was with Vikas and
Vishal Yadav during the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!