Katara: Pehalwan guilty, quantum on Jul 12
New Delhi: A Delhi court, Thursday, postponed till July 12 the announcement of quantum of sentence to be awarded to gangster Sukhdev Pehalwan, who was convicted for helping former Rajya Sabha member DP Yadav`s son Vikas Yadav and nephew Vishal Yadav in abducting and killing Nitish Katara in 2002 for being friendly to their sister.
Yesterday, additional sessions judge JR Aryan had held Pehalwan, whose trial had been separated due to his jumping bail and turning an absconder, was also found guilty of destroying evidence. His trial was conducted separately after his arrest in 2005.
The court said that Pehalwan was with Vikas and Vishal Yadav during the murder.
Vikas and Vishal were earlier awarded rigorous life imprisonment for their role in the murder of Nitish, a business executive and son of an IAS officer.
According to the prosecution, Pehalwan was present with the convicts Yadavs in their car after they had abducted Nitish from a marriage function at Ghaziabad and killed him on the night of February 16, 2002.
He was chargesheeted in April 2006 for committing the penal offences of murder, abduction and destruction of evidence.
The Yadavs did not approve of the affair of their sister Bharti Yadav with Nitish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened