Katara: Pehalwan guilty, quantum on Jul 12
New Delhi: A Delhi court, Thursday, postponed till July 12 the announcement of quantum of sentence to be awarded to gangster Sukhdev Pehalwan, who was convicted for helping former Rajya Sabha member DP Yadav`s son Vikas Yadav and nephew Vishal Yadav in abducting and killing Nitish Katara in 2002 for being friendly to their sister.
Yesterday, additional sessions judge JR Aryan had held Pehalwan, whose trial had been separated due to his jumping bail and turning an absconder, was also found guilty of destroying evidence. His trial was conducted separately after his arrest in 2005.
The court said that Pehalwan was with Vikas and Vishal Yadav during the murder.
Vikas and Vishal were earlier awarded rigorous life imprisonment for their role in the murder of Nitish, a business executive and son of an IAS officer.
According to the prosecution, Pehalwan was present with the convicts Yadavs in their car after they had abducted Nitish from a marriage function at Ghaziabad and killed him on the night of February 16, 2002.
He was chargesheeted in April 2006 for committing the penal offences of murder, abduction and destruction of evidence.
The Yadavs did not approve of the affair of their sister Bharti Yadav with Nitish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH