Katju apologises for his `Indians are fools` remarks
New Delhi: Press Council of India Chairperson Justice (retd) Markandey Katju on Saturday apologised to people whose feelings he may have hurt by his "90 percent of Indians are fools" remark or other statements.
"Some people have been aggrieved by my statement that 90 percent Indians are fools and some other statements. In this connection I wish to state these statements were made in a specific context, and were never intended to hurt anyone`s feeling," Katju said in a statement released today.
"However, if anyone`s feelings have been hurt by these statements or any other statements of mine I apologise for the same," he said.
"From time to time people have been bringing to my notice that the language I use may have been harsh. So if it has hurt some feelings, I thought it fit to apologise," Katju said.
Katju had made the controversial comments in December last year. His remarks had evoked angry reactions following which Katju had issued a clarification, saying the remark had been made to generate awareness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?
- India seen to grow faster than emerging market peers