Katju`s appeal to Prez for respite for Mumbai blast convicts
New Delhi: Press Council of India chairperson Justice Markandey Katju has made a plea to the President seeking respite for convicted actor Sanjay Dutt and four others.
Katju said he had sent appeals for pardon for Issaq Mohammed Hajwane, Sharif Abdul Gafoor Parker, Zaibunnisa Kazi, Devender Pal Singh Bhullar and Sanjay Dutt.
Katju asked the President that till the decision of his appeals are decided, the President should grant respite, reprieve or suspension of the sentence of these 5 persons.
He said that as per the constitution the President had the powers to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split