Katju`s appeal to Prez for respite for Mumbai blast convicts
New Delhi: Press Council of India chairperson Justice Markandey Katju has made a plea to the President seeking respite for convicted actor Sanjay Dutt and four others.
Katju said he had sent appeals for pardon for Issaq Mohammed Hajwane, Sharif Abdul Gafoor Parker, Zaibunnisa Kazi, Devender Pal Singh Bhullar and Sanjay Dutt.
Katju asked the President that till the decision of his appeals are decided, the President should grant respite, reprieve or suspension of the sentence of these 5 persons.
He said that as per the constitution the President had the powers to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note