Katju`s claim true, but has come too late: Ram Jethmalani
New Delhi: Senior lawyer and former parliamentarian Ram Jethmalani on Monday said that whatever former Supreme Court judge and current chairman of the Press Council of India, Justice Markandey Katju, had said over corruption in the judiciary is true, but wished the latter could have come out with it earlier.
"Whatever he (Katju) has said is true and I have great respect for him, but I hope he would have spoken at the right time. It would have prevented a lot of damage," said Jethmalani.
Katju has claimed that a district judge, who had several allegations of corruption against him, was not sacked and was elevated to the position of an additional judge of the Madras High Court, owing to the pressure put by a Tamil Nadu-based party on the UPA Government and the judicial collegium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!