Katju`s claim true, but has come too late: Ram Jethmalani
New Delhi: Senior lawyer and former parliamentarian Ram Jethmalani on Monday said that whatever former Supreme Court judge and current chairman of the Press Council of India, Justice Markandey Katju, had said over corruption in the judiciary is true, but wished the latter could have come out with it earlier.
"Whatever he (Katju) has said is true and I have great respect for him, but I hope he would have spoken at the right time. It would have prevented a lot of damage," said Jethmalani.
Katju has claimed that a district judge, who had several allegations of corruption against him, was not sacked and was elevated to the position of an additional judge of the Madras High Court, owing to the pressure put by a Tamil Nadu-based party on the UPA Government and the judicial collegium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics