Kausarbi`s ashes were thrown into river: CBI
Ahmedabad: CBI investigation has revealed
that Sohrabuddin Sheikh`s wife Kausarbi was killed in a
farmhouse on outskirts of Gandhinagar, her body was burnt and
ashes were thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
According to the chargesheet filed by CBI in the
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case of 2005, Kausarbi was murdered
in Arham farm and her ashes were thrown in Narmada as per
direction of IPS officer D G Vanzara, one of the key accused
in the case.
The chargesheet further said Vanzara was instructed
to eliminate Kausarbi by Gujarat junior home minister Amit
Shah, who is one of the accused in the fake encounter and is
On the day when Sohrabuddin was picked up, Gujarat
police were not keen on bringing Kausarbi along, it said.
When the luxury bus of Sangeeta travels was
intercepted on November 21, 2005 in Sangli in Maharashtra and
Sohrabuddin was taken into custody, Gujarat Police had asked
Kausarbi who was travelling with him, to get back into the
bus, the chargesheet said.
But Kausarbi refused to leave her husband and so
Gujarat Police officials decided to take her along, it said.
Sohrabuddin and Kausarbi were kept in Disha farm till
night of November 25, 2005, and then they were taken to Arham
farm, from where Sohrabuddin was taken to Ahmedabad and killed
in a fake encounter, it said.
The chargesheet said after Kausarbi was murdered in
Arham farm, co-accused police inspector N V Chauhan and
constable Nathubha Jadeja put bundles of hay on her body,
while another accused D R Chaubey brought a plastic can
containing diesel and poured it on the body.
Thereafter, Vanzara set the body on fire and instructed
Chauhan to throw the ashes into Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video