KCR meets Sonia Gandhi to express gratitude for passing Telangana Bill
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) met Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday to express his gratitude for passing the Telangana Bill.
"I have met Sonia Gandhi to express my gratitude for the passage of the Telangana bill. All our family members have come to meet her," said Rao.
"She has assured me that she is going to address all our concerns and discuss it with the PM. Digivjaya Singh will be in touch with me in the meantime," he said.
"She said she would call me back for another meeting. I am here in Delhi for few more days as I am planning to meet the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as well," he added.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill or the Telangana Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday in the face of noisy protests.
"Sonia Gandhi and the party decided to give justice to the people of Seemandhra and everyone supported the passage of Telangana," said Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Shinde also said that a special category state status would be given to Seemandhra for a period of five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how