KCR provokes Cong leaders from Telangana to quit posts
Adilabad(AP): Mounting pressure on the leaders of Congress, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday said the MLAs and MPs of the ruling party should quit their posts, if need be, for the sake of separate Telangana.
"Would you (Congress MPs and MLAs) die if you quit your posts? I had resigned four times earlier. Did I die? I have been talking about resignations. Still, you have reservations. I say that you have to decide whether you want to create history by resigning or lost in history by hanging on to your posts?," he said.
Rao was addressing a meeting at Nirmal in Adilabad district, where leaders from other parties joined TRS.
Separate Telangana would definitely come if the Congress MPs and MLAs "throw their resignations at the high command", he said.
The separate Telangana agitation would not stop even if the Congress MPs and MLAs do not quit, he added.
The TRS president said the Telangana agitation would be intensified in February including taking up a non-cooperation movement.
Hitting out at the Telugu Desam chief, Rao alleged that Chandrababu Naidu refused to concede the demand of Telangana TDP leaders to form a separate party unit for the region.
The TRS president reiterated his statement that a dalit leader would be made Chief Minister and a minority leader Deputy Chief Minister after the formation of separate Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...