KCR provokes Cong leaders from Telangana to quit posts
Adilabad(AP): Mounting pressure on the leaders of Congress, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday said the MLAs and MPs of the ruling party should quit their posts, if need be, for the sake of separate Telangana.
"Would you (Congress MPs and MLAs) die if you quit your posts? I had resigned four times earlier. Did I die? I have been talking about resignations. Still, you have reservations. I say that you have to decide whether you want to create history by resigning or lost in history by hanging on to your posts?," he said.
Rao was addressing a meeting at Nirmal in Adilabad district, where leaders from other parties joined TRS.
Separate Telangana would definitely come if the Congress MPs and MLAs "throw their resignations at the high command", he said.
The separate Telangana agitation would not stop even if the Congress MPs and MLAs do not quit, he added.
The TRS president said the Telangana agitation would be intensified in February including taking up a non-cooperation movement.
Hitting out at the Telugu Desam chief, Rao alleged that Chandrababu Naidu refused to concede the demand of Telangana TDP leaders to form a separate party unit for the region.
The TRS president reiterated his statement that a dalit leader would be made Chief Minister and a minority leader Deputy Chief Minister after the formation of separate Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says