KCR ready to hold talks on Telangana but says no to committees
Hyderabad: TRS chief K Chandrashekhar Rao
Tuesday night said he is ready to hold talks with the Centre but
will not accept any committee to go into the Telangana issue.
Amid reports that the Centre is contemplating
appointing a committee to go into the Telangana issue, he said
he is not ready to accept any such panel as it would only end
up wasting time.
"The Centre should immediately come forward and find a
solution. We demand that it stick to its earlier statement.
We are not ready to accept any committees. Except wasting
time, these committees serve no purpose," he told reporters.
Rao, however, said he is ready to hold talks with the
Centre if it is ready to do so.
"The patience of Telanagana people need not be tested
unnecessarily. If Delhi wants to discuss with anyone that is
okay. Both regions are ready to come. We have that much
patience. We have experts and people with wisdom. We will
discuss in Joint Action Committee (JAC) and send our
representatives," Rao said.
The TRS president was talking to reporters at the Raj
Bhawan after calling on new state Governor ESL Narasimhan.
Rao demanded that the state government should
immediately withdraw the alleged false cases slapped on
students and others agitating for a separate Telangana state.
"The state government should honour the announcement
made by Home Minister P Chidambaram to withdraw the cases
filed against students. How long does it take to withdraw the
cases? The government can withdraw the cases at one go if they
are willing to do so," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks