Kebabs, dosa find place in PM`s lunch for Zardari
New Delhi: From the lip-smacking Jaitooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab to the crispy Bhindi Kurjuri and the rich Phirni, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his entourage were treated to the best of Indian four-course meal by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here on Sunday.
On the menu was food from virtually all regions of the country -- mini masala dosa from the South, sandesh from the East and kebabs popular in the North.
The large spread, for the table of 20, started with cold Melon and Mint soup followed by Sarson ke Phool, Subz Shammi Kebab and mini masala dosa as starters for vegetarians.
The non-vegetarian menu had Jaithooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab for starters along with a non-veg variety of mini masala dosa.
The dignitaries were then served Kareli Dal Gosht (mutton), Murg Kofta Makhni (chicken), Sikandari Khusk Raan (lamb) with assorted rotis. Also served was the Kachi Gosht Biryani.
The vegetarian spread was equally tempting and included Tori Bhujia, Paneer Jhalfrezi and Makai Palak with assorted rotis. Not to forget was Avial (mixed vegetables), Moong Dal Tadka and Subz Biryani.
And for dessert, there were Blueberry Mousse, Gur Ka Sandesh, Phirni and fresh fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark