Kebabs, dosa find place in PM`s lunch for Zardari
New Delhi: From the lip-smacking Jaitooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab to the crispy Bhindi Kurjuri and the rich Phirni, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his entourage were treated to the best of Indian four-course meal by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here on Sunday.
On the menu was food from virtually all regions of the country -- mini masala dosa from the South, sandesh from the East and kebabs popular in the North.
The large spread, for the table of 20, started with cold Melon and Mint soup followed by Sarson ke Phool, Subz Shammi Kebab and mini masala dosa as starters for vegetarians.
The non-vegetarian menu had Jaithooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab for starters along with a non-veg variety of mini masala dosa.
The dignitaries were then served Kareli Dal Gosht (mutton), Murg Kofta Makhni (chicken), Sikandari Khusk Raan (lamb) with assorted rotis. Also served was the Kachi Gosht Biryani.
The vegetarian spread was equally tempting and included Tori Bhujia, Paneer Jhalfrezi and Makai Palak with assorted rotis. Not to forget was Avial (mixed vegetables), Moong Dal Tadka and Subz Biryani.
And for dessert, there were Blueberry Mousse, Gur Ka Sandesh, Phirni and fresh fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie