Kebabs, dosa find place in PM`s lunch for Zardari
New Delhi: From the lip-smacking Jaitooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab to the crispy Bhindi Kurjuri and the rich Phirni, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his entourage were treated to the best of Indian four-course meal by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here on Sunday.
On the menu was food from virtually all regions of the country -- mini masala dosa from the South, sandesh from the East and kebabs popular in the North.
The large spread, for the table of 20, started with cold Melon and Mint soup followed by Sarson ke Phool, Subz Shammi Kebab and mini masala dosa as starters for vegetarians.
The non-vegetarian menu had Jaithooni Murg Seekh and Gosht Barra Kebab for starters along with a non-veg variety of mini masala dosa.
The dignitaries were then served Kareli Dal Gosht (mutton), Murg Kofta Makhni (chicken), Sikandari Khusk Raan (lamb) with assorted rotis. Also served was the Kachi Gosht Biryani.
The vegetarian spread was equally tempting and included Tori Bhujia, Paneer Jhalfrezi and Makai Palak with assorted rotis. Not to forget was Avial (mixed vegetables), Moong Dal Tadka and Subz Biryani.
And for dessert, there were Blueberry Mousse, Gur Ka Sandesh, Phirni and fresh fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video