Kedarnath yatra remains suspended
Dehradun: The yatra to Himalayan shrine of
Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district remained suspended for sixth
consecutive day on Wednesday due to the ongoing repair work on the
14-km long trek route damaged by the landslides.
Official sources said the yatra is disrupted as the
repair work on the damaged Gaurikund-Kedarnath trek is still
The PWD is making efforts to resume the movement of
pilgrims on trek which is blocked since Friday when landslides
hit the trek damaging it. However, they said, it might take a
couple of days more to make the trek fit for movement of
The alternative trek route to Kedarnath is very
narrow making it dangerous for pilgrims to use it, they added.
Kedarnath, which is among the four Himalayan shrines
collectively known as Chardham, is situated at a height of
3581 meter in Garhwal Himalayas. The shrine is dedicated to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi