Keep Modi out of Sohrabuddin case, Venkaiah to Cong
Mumbai: Continuing its attack on the Congress
party on Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, BJP today asked them
to keep Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi out of the issue.
"You (Congress) have arrested former Gujarat Home
Minister Amit Shah in the case. But dare not touch Modi,"
senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said.
He warned Congress by saying that were playing with fire.
"You are playing with fire. It will burn you."
Speaking at a programme here held to officially announce
Raj Purohit of Mumbai BJP chief, Naidu questioned the
importance being accorded to the Sohrabuddin case.
"Why is Sohrabuddin Sheikh case so important. Who is he?
He was a smuggler, narcotics dealer. Why is so much importance
accorded to him," Naidu questioned.
He also took exception to CBI concentrating only on
Gujarat`s role in the case.
"As Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan
too were linked with the case, the Centre had asked CBI to
probe it. However, the probe agency is concentrating only on
Gujarat`s role," Naidu said.
"Why is Gujarat being targeted and the role of other
states not being probed," the former BJP President questioned.
Heaping praises on the Modi Government, Naidu said
Gujarat is the only state which has not witnessed a
curfew-like situation in past eight months.
Also, in the country, Muslims are having highest per
capita income in Gujarat, which has an impressive GDP rate and
low crime rate, he added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today