Keep Modi out of Sohrabuddin case, Venkaiah to Cong
Mumbai: Continuing its attack on the Congress
party on Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, BJP today asked them
to keep Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi out of the issue.
"You (Congress) have arrested former Gujarat Home
Minister Amit Shah in the case. But dare not touch Modi,"
senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said.
He warned Congress by saying that were playing with fire.
"You are playing with fire. It will burn you."
Speaking at a programme here held to officially announce
Raj Purohit of Mumbai BJP chief, Naidu questioned the
importance being accorded to the Sohrabuddin case.
"Why is Sohrabuddin Sheikh case so important. Who is he?
He was a smuggler, narcotics dealer. Why is so much importance
accorded to him," Naidu questioned.
He also took exception to CBI concentrating only on
Gujarat`s role in the case.
"As Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan
too were linked with the case, the Centre had asked CBI to
probe it. However, the probe agency is concentrating only on
Gujarat`s role," Naidu said.
"Why is Gujarat being targeted and the role of other
states not being probed," the former BJP President questioned.
Heaping praises on the Modi Government, Naidu said
Gujarat is the only state which has not witnessed a
curfew-like situation in past eight months.
Also, in the country, Muslims are having highest per
capita income in Gujarat, which has an impressive GDP rate and
low crime rate, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says