Keeping close watch on situation in Syria: Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Tuesday said it was keeping a close watch on the situation in Syria amidst an increased likelihood of a military intervention by Western powers in the civil war raging in the country.
"We are in touch with our Mission (in Syria)... We also have our line of credit and various investments (in the country).
"Obviously, they will come under question if there is a war-like situation, but all we can do today is to keep watch," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said today.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the FICCI-organised 3rd National Conference on Energy Security here.
India had on August 31 asked all its nationals living in Syria to leave amidst an escalation of violence there even as the USA seemed to move closer to a military intervention in the war-torn country.
"Our Mission in Damascus is in contact with approximately 25-30 Indian citizens in Syria. Previously, we had advised all Indian citizens in Syria to return to India. They have once again been advised to leave," spokesperson in MEA, Syed Akbaruddin, had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray