Kejriwal aide Kumar Vishwas fears threat to life
Ghaziabad: Poet-activist Kumar Vishwas, an aide to activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal, has told police that he faces danger, and claimed that police were not taking the situation seriously.
In a complaint lodged with the Indirapuram police, Vishwas said he may have earned the wrath of some people due to his "frank and fearless views".
He said that in the past too he had received threats to his life on phone and by other means.
He filed the complaint late Sunday after a group of youngsters came to his house and told him that they wished to join India Against Corruption (IAC).
But they fled on seeing a television crew at his house.
"These guys spoke very roughly with me," Vishwas told IANS. "The way they spoke to me was certainly hostile and intimidating."
At the time of the incident, former BJP legislator Roop Kumar Chowdhary and IAC activist Sanjay Singh were at Vishwas` house.
Later, his driver told him that the men were back and this time their number had swelled.
The youths again fled after spotting the television crew.
Vishwas said their intrusion appeared to be a "threat of sorts" and Kejriwal told him to file a police complaint.
"We have taken serious note of the complaint, Till now the intruders have not committed any crime. We would verify the motive after receiving the details (of their vehicles)," Superintendent of Police Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
Vishwas argued that police were not taking the situation seriously and officer Yadav "would understand the gravity only after he (Vishwas) gets eliminated".
If police wanted, Vishwas said, they could get details about any vehicle within minutes.
On Nov 9, two men barged into IAC activist Manish Shishodia`s house and threatened his wife also. The police did not initiate any investigation on that day too, said Vishwas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources