‘Kejriwal can approach court over charges against Vadra’
Yavatmal: Maharashtra Social Justice Minister Shivajirao Moghe on monday dared activist Arvind Kejriwal to approach court if he felt that his allegations against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra had any substance.
"If there is even an iota of truth in the allegations, Kejariwal and his associates are at liberty to drag Robert Vadra to court of law," Moghe told news agency.
Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan had alleged on Friday that companies promoted by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, acquired properties worth crores of rupees in the Congress-ruled states of Haryana and Delhi over the past four years with a total share capital of only Rs 50 lakh.
Vadra dismissed the allegations saying Kejriwal and Bhushan are trying to gain "cheap publicity".
DLF has also rejected the allegations that it had given unsecured loans to Vadra as a `quid pro quo` for favours and said it had transparent dealing with him as an individual entrepreneur.
"Is it a crime to be the son-in-law of Sonia Gandhi? Robert Vadra is neither a Congress party functionary nor a key player in the state or central government," the minister said.
On speculations regarding him becoming president of Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee, Moghe said, "he would take up whatever responsibility his party assigns to him".
Dropping hints that incumbent state unit chief Manikrao Thakre is likely to be replaced, Moghe said, "this time a non-Maratha leader will become the MPCC chief...Manikrao Thakre is likely to be inducted in state cabinet".
Moghe said the Centre has released Rs 1350 crore under `Indira Awas Yojana`.
The state government aims at constructing one lakh houses every year under its ambitious `Ramai Gharkul Yojana`.
On e-scholarship scheme, Moghe said Rs 1800 crore has been deposited in as many as 15 lakh bank accounts opened in the name of students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed