Kejriwal charges should be probed: VK Singh
Buxar: Former Army Chief V K Singh today said there was a need for thorough probe into the allegations made by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal with regard to corruption.
"Kejriwal is levelling allegations of corruption because there are evidences to support them," Singh told reporters but refused to be part of IAC.
"Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan had not joined any party ... He had moved ahead alone to fight corruption and people rallied behind him which resulted in a people`s movement in 1974," he said in reply to a question whether he was interested in joining any political party.
"I will tell you about my next step later," the former Army Chief said, adding he would, however, support any campaign against corruption.
He said he was now working among farmers, youths and jawans to help create a `janjagran` (peoples movement) against corruption.
Singh was here enroute to Ara where he would participate in `Jawan Kisan Morcha` later in the day.
Earlier, he held meeting with a delegation of ex-soldiers based in Buxar and appealed to them to join peoples movement against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed