Kejriwal charges should be probed: VK Singh
Buxar: Former Army Chief V K Singh today said there was a need for thorough probe into the allegations made by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal with regard to corruption.
"Kejriwal is levelling allegations of corruption because there are evidences to support them," Singh told reporters but refused to be part of IAC.
"Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan had not joined any party ... He had moved ahead alone to fight corruption and people rallied behind him which resulted in a people`s movement in 1974," he said in reply to a question whether he was interested in joining any political party.
"I will tell you about my next step later," the former Army Chief said, adding he would, however, support any campaign against corruption.
He said he was now working among farmers, youths and jawans to help create a `janjagran` (peoples movement) against corruption.
Singh was here enroute to Ara where he would participate in `Jawan Kisan Morcha` later in the day.
Earlier, he held meeting with a delegation of ex-soldiers based in Buxar and appealed to them to join peoples movement against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened