Kejriwal charges should be probed: VK Singh
Buxar: Former Army Chief V K Singh today said there was a need for thorough probe into the allegations made by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal with regard to corruption.
"Kejriwal is levelling allegations of corruption because there are evidences to support them," Singh told reporters but refused to be part of IAC.
"Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan had not joined any party ... He had moved ahead alone to fight corruption and people rallied behind him which resulted in a people`s movement in 1974," he said in reply to a question whether he was interested in joining any political party.
"I will tell you about my next step later," the former Army Chief said, adding he would, however, support any campaign against corruption.
He said he was now working among farmers, youths and jawans to help create a `janjagran` (peoples movement) against corruption.
Singh was here enroute to Ara where he would participate in `Jawan Kisan Morcha` later in the day.
Earlier, he held meeting with a delegation of ex-soldiers based in Buxar and appealed to them to join peoples movement against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi