Kejriwal charges should be probed: VK Singh
Buxar: Former Army Chief V K Singh today said there was a need for thorough probe into the allegations made by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal with regard to corruption.
"Kejriwal is levelling allegations of corruption because there are evidences to support them," Singh told reporters but refused to be part of IAC.
"Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan had not joined any party ... He had moved ahead alone to fight corruption and people rallied behind him which resulted in a people`s movement in 1974," he said in reply to a question whether he was interested in joining any political party.
"I will tell you about my next step later," the former Army Chief said, adding he would, however, support any campaign against corruption.
He said he was now working among farmers, youths and jawans to help create a `janjagran` (peoples movement) against corruption.
Singh was here enroute to Ara where he would participate in `Jawan Kisan Morcha` later in the day.
Earlier, he held meeting with a delegation of ex-soldiers based in Buxar and appealed to them to join peoples movement against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you