Kejriwal Congress agent, making charges to serve his ambitions: BJP
New Delhi: Miffed at activist Arvind Kejriwal stealing the show at a BJP programme on Monday, the opposition party on Tuesday alleged he is levelling charges against parties and individuals as a part of his strategy to serve his political ambitions.
BJP General Secretary Vijay Goel, who had welcomed Kejriwal to the stage at a party protest programme yesterday, did not mince words to express his anger against the social activist`s behaviour.
Kejriwal had spoken against BJP from the dais and asked what the Opposition had done to check the "wrongdoings" of the Sheila Dikshit government in Delhi.
"BJP has always opposed the hike in power bills. We have held demonstrations in all parts of Delhi. We held a protest in which 2,000 RWAs participated.... Who is Kejriwal to ask us what we have done in the last three years? He has entered the protests just three days back and restored two power connections and he thinks he is leading the movement," Goel fumed.
The BJP leader alleged Kejriwal is a "Congress agent" and his criticism of the opposition party is aimed at weakening the agitation against the "unjustified" hike in power bills of the people.
When it was pointed out that Kejriwal had "exposed" how Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra`s business relations with realty major DLF and hence could not be acting at the behest of Congress, Goel only repeated his charges.
"Yes, he is attacking political parties and individuals as he is starting a political party," Goel said in reply to a question.
He demanded a public apology from Kejriwal for attacking BJP at yesterday`s public meeting.
Asked why BJP had supported Anna Hazare`s agitation and backed Kejriwal too in the past but is now so opposed to him, Goel said "when something is right, we will support it but when something is wrong we will speak against it."
He ruled out Kejriwal being a threat to prospects of BJP in the Delhi assembly polls due next year.
BJP insisted it has been in the forefront of fighting against the hike in electricity bills of the people.
Clearing the air on yesterday`s incident, Goel said Kejriwal and around 30-50 of his supports came to the venue where BJP members were agitating against power bill hike. "We had not invited him. He came to the dais on his own and said he would like to speak for two minutes. Out of courtesy, we allowed him," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened