Kejriwal demands Khurshid’s resignation, threatens to gherao Sonia`s residence
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said he along with disabled activists will gherao the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday demanding resignation of Law Minsiter Salman Khurshid following allegations that the NGO run by him and his wife has indulged in irregularities.
Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid`s resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister`s wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country.
"We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi`s residence asking for Khurshid`s resignation," Kejriwal said.
A Hindi news channel yesterday alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid`s wife Louise Khurshid denied the allegations and said it was "devoid of any merit, and is false, malicious and baseless".
In a statement, she said she herself had requested UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on September 17 to conduct an inquiry so that "truth is revealed and it is established that the Trust has not forged the signatures of any officers of the state of UP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA