Kejriwal meets Muslim clerics to shrug off RSS tag
Lucknow: Apparently to shrug off the tag of
being backed by RSS and BJP, key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Monday met senior Muslim clerics and leaders including
vice-president of All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Maulana
Kejriwal called on Sadiq at his residence here and
apprised him of Jan Lokpal Bill, India Against Corruption core
committee member Sanjay Singh said.
The noted cleric also expressed his support to the bill
and promised all help in this regard, Singh said.
Kejriwal later met other leaders of the community,
including chairperson of All India Muslims Women Personal Law
Board, Shahista Amber and Maulana Irfan Firangimahli among
others, he said.
According to sources, the Team Anna member was questioned
as to why Muslims were not included in the core committee and
on the allegations that it is being backed by RSS and BJP.
Kejriwal clarified that people of all sects and religions
fall prey to corruption and it is wrong to say that Muslims
were not with them as a sizable number of them were also there
at the Ramlila ground, sources said.
On charges of links with RSS, he asked them to minutely
study the comments of RSS leaders and of those like Congress
general secretary Digvijay Singh and they would themselves see
Shaista Amber, when contacted, said Muslim leaders also
supported the fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir