Kejriwal offered IAC funds to Anna: Kumar Vishwas
New Delhi: A close associate of RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal and a member of India Against Corruption (IAC), Dr Kumar Vishwas, has claimed that Kejriwal offered funds from the IAC fund to veteran social activist Anna Hazare.
Responding to a report appearing in a leading daily that Kejriwal had offered Rs 2 crores to Hazare, but which the latter had declined to accept, Vishwas said: "IAC had neither ever had any fund nor any account. All the donations were collected with Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF) NGO. This NGO is being headed by Arvind Kejriwal."
Vishwas also said: “When it came to media questioning the misuse of IAC fund, then Arvind offered the entire fund to Anna. He offered it after consulting everyone, but Anna refused to accept that proposal.”
He further revealed that the IAC’s fund was only being used for the anti-graft movement and for the benefit of the common people.
The IAC has collected around Rs 2.94 crores in 2011.
After its successful movement at Jantar Mantar and at the Ramlila ground, this figure was made official by the IAC. The IAC also claimed that they have spent more than Rs 1.50 crores on a series of agitations.
Even before announcing their political outfit, the IAC had collected Rs 39.5 lakhs.
Sources have said that after announcing the political forum, former IAC members have been raising the IAC fund issue and demanding it should be taken back from team Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Wow! This is how Mukesh Ambani's home Antilia looks from inside
- Donald Trump reaches the magic number to clinch Republican nomination
- Sexism row: Darren Sammy defends 'entertainer' Chris Gayle
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros